Enameled-metal colander that dates from 1900-1920 has a round foot and straight sides that angle outward. There are D-shaped side handles. On the sides there are eight groups of thirty punched holes arranged in triangles. In the bottom there are six concentric rings of holes. The enamel is gray mottled with darker gray. Mary Eloise Green of Columbus, Ohio, donated this item in 1993. The item previously belonged to Sarah Austin Green, the donor's grandmother.
Cite this Page:
Federal Glass Company (Columbus, Ohio), “Colander ,” Ohio History Center, accessed May 24, 2019, http://resources.ohiohistory.org/OhioHistoryCenter/items/show/489.