Stoneware jug was made around 1910. This tan jug with brown glaze has a wire bail handle with a wooden grip. A stenciled label on the jug reads "BENTON, MYERS, & CO. / CLEVELAND, OHIO." There is a cork stopper. The Ohio Historical Society received this jug from Mrs. Elinor Whitney of Plymouth, Ohio, in 1967.
Cite this Page:
Federal Glass Company (Columbus, Ohio), “Jug ,” Ohio History Center, accessed July 17, 2019, http://resources.ohiohistory.org/OhioHistoryCenter/items/show/490.