August 2020 marks the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment, which granted many women the right to vote. This major victory was only the beginning for women’s activism. To commemorate this anniversary the Ohio History Connection, and many organizations around the state, are celebrating women’s activism- past and present.
Check out these great resources from the Ohio History Connection and our partners, to further explore the Suffrage Centennial!
- Ohio Women's Activism: A Blog Series From October 2019-October 2020, we will be featuring a special guest blogger once a month on the History Blog to commemorate the suffrage anniversary. Over the coming year you will hear from women all over Ohio about the historic activists they study or the activism they are engaged in today. Make sure you keep checking back for some very exciting stories!
- Ohio Memory Resources Check out these blogs about women's history at Ohio Memory!
- Ohio Women's Hall of Fame Browse records of inductees online!
- Ohio V. The World- Ohio V. Suffrage hear from Curator Lisa Wood and Director of Cultural Resources, Megan Wood as they discuss the history of suffrage in Ohio
- Genius of Liberty Podcast Six minute suffrage stories from Ohio researcher and retired professor, Katherine Durack and Cincinnati's Mercantile Library.
- Spotlight on Victoria Woodhull Join Hannah to learn about Victoria Woodhull, the first woman to run for President of the United States
- 100 Years of Women's Suffrage Join Megan Wood for a journey through the Suffrage Centennial exhibit at the Ohio History Center
- Unboxing Items from the Mary Stuart Andrews Suffrage Collection Join Curator, Becky Odom to unbox an exciting new suffrage piece in the Ohio History Connection's collections!
- Oral Histories As a part of our commemoration of the Suffrage Centennial, the Ohio History Connection conducted oral histories with modern activists from Ohio. A few of these are quoted within the exhibit! Check out the full videos below:
- Call For Collections–Ohio Women’s Activism To commemorate the Suffrage Centennial, the Ohio History Connection is issuing a call for donations documenting all Ohio women’s activism–past and present. Visit the link above to learn more and to see what we have collected recently.
- Learn at Home During the summer of 2019, teachers in residence at the Ohio History Connection developed lesson plans to accompany this exhibit. You can see them, in full, at our website (scroll down to the bottom of the linked page).
Have a resource you would like to see featured here? Please contact us at email@example.com.